Dance may look effortless but behind those graceful moves is a fusion of the dancer’s strength, flexibility and stamina. So, learning at the best dance classes online will guide you master the art of dancing but a little extra effort will prevent you from any injuries.
Many beginners are unfamiliar to the various injuries which can be caused while dancing, so we have curated the list of some of the most common dance injuries and most of these are caused due to overuse of your ankle, leg, back or foot:
- Knee Injuries: Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Hip injuries: snapping hip syndrome, hip impingement, labral tears, hip flexor tendonitis, hip bursitis and sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Foot and ankle injuries: Achilles Tendonitis, Trigger Toe and Ankle Impingement
- Stress fractures: Metatarsals, Sesamoids and Lumbar Spine
The best online dance classes in India found that many students fail to recognize if the pain is the result of any injury or is just soreness, so if you are witnessing any sort of pain, stay alert for these symptoms:
- You are waking up at night because of the pain.
- The pain is increasing when you are performing any activities.
- You are beginning exercises with pain.
- Your moves are getting affected because of the pain in movement.
Luckily, with proper measures, you can prevent most of the overuse injuries and in some cases, even traumatic dance injuries. Here are the guidelines for learners to prevent dance injuries:
- While you are learning at the best online dance classes, do not miss to eat well and stay hydrated before, during and even after the class.
- Provide your body with enough rest and know your limits (do not overtrain)
- Your dancing sessions need appropriate dance attire.
- Begin your training or performance with a sufficient warm-up session.
- Follow proper cross-training routine to develop strength and body endurance.
To avoid any further confusion, here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding dance injuries:
What are good cross-training exercises for dancers?
As a dancer, core and hip strength are some of the most important elements of a beautiful performance, hence you must engage in exercises like Pilates and stability-based you. Also, aerobic activities like jogging and swimming are very helpful for a dancer to boost stamina.
How much rest should a dancer get?
The best dance classes understand that every dancer is different, which is why there is no thumb rule on how much rest must a dancer take. However, experts found that intense workout or practice session can be the cause of microdamage, so the day you have a heave practice, it would b preferable to take the next day off.
Following the above guide will minimize the risk of injuries during your dance sessions. Looking for the best dance tutorial for beginners? Visit the UCanJi platform and choose from thousands of dance gurus from different styles, genres and dance forms.