Bollywood! Oh, the gift of Bollywood. Is there a more freeing dance form out there? Quite possibly, not. The choreography can range from anything between super easy and oh, ‘so complex!’ Which is precisely why, even when you seek dance classes for bollywood style dancing, you’ll find the same for the entire range of dancers from beginners to experts.
In fact, we’d go as far as saying that if you’re a novice dancer, and are having a hard time picking your first dance style to learn, Bollywood could be an easy choice!
Think about it!
- It’s the most common type of music played in clubs, weddings and other special occasions. That means, you will have no problem finding an avenue to flaunt your new skill, from the moment you begin to get the hang of it.
- The familiar lyrics will be your guide on the dance floor, even when you haven’t prepared a routine. And if you’re dancing in a crowd, you’ll always have enough enthusiasts around you to seek inspiration from. Basically, one can dance to this type of music for as long as their stamina allows. The best part is, the more you dance, the more stamina you build for the next round of dancing.
- The movements and common steps you’ll learn in Dance classes for bollywood, are easy enough to get your body used to moving around the way it’s supposed to move around while dancing.
- On the other hand, the steps are just enough technical that it will prepare your brain to form a strong sense of coordination between rhythm and movement.
- And of course, the high energy of most Bollywood music, will give you a great workout opportunity, everytime you get on the dance floor. You end up using your entire body, when grooving to Indian music, so, not only are you setting yourself up for a nice weightloss workout, but also an amazing cardiovascular workout.
- Bollywood is informal by nature – with no limitations of boring rules and guidelines. It has elements from dance forms from around the world, including Indian classical, salsa, jive and basically, any other dance form at all. Any swift motion of the body could pretty much be considered a bollywood dance form as long as you follow the beat and do it with grace! And a little attitude, of course.
Are you sold, yet? If not, just think of the fact that Learning Bollywood dance is as good for your soul as it is for your mind and body. Because, let’s face it, Bollywood means happiness! If just listening to our beloved homegrown music can make you so happy, imagine what effect fully engrossing yourself into it, on the floor, will have on you?
Here are some music choices, if you are a true beginner. These are easy to dance to songs, whether you want to take formal training or dance away in an unhinged fashion –
- Balam Pichkari
- Dance Meri Rani
- Kusu Kusu
- Vaathi Coming
We hope you found the inspiration you were looking for to get started on your journey to dance. Learning Dance will be one of the most joyous experiences of your life!